Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is sGDMA integration correct in this SoC ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am using modular scatter-gather DMA core to transfer data from my custom IP: custom_design_32_0 to other custom IP: custom_design_32_1 on the stratix 10 development board.

I want to work on this in the simple way without using any additional prefetcher cores or anything else !!!

Anybody please verify and suggest me that , Is connections are ok ?

If this ok, I want a sdk c files to proceed further.

Regards,
Anil sgdma_ip_integration1.png

Did you push the "Validate System Integrity" button?

I haven't used Altera tools in almost a decade but it looks like that might perform a DRC check on the design. If it passes that it's probably okay.

Did you push the "Validate System Integrity" button?

I haven't used Altera tools in almost a decade but it looks like that might perform a DRC check on the design. If it passes that it's probably okay.

I pressed the button, it is success . but don't know how to proceed further. I want a working C code.

The tools won't write C code for you, that is something you (the designer) is supposed to write. The tools might supply a basic framework, e.g. a main routine with hello world and a header file that includes the addressing of your system, that you can modify to suit your needs.

The tools won't write C code for you, that is something you (the designer) is supposed to write. The tools might supply a basic framework, e.g. a main routine with hello world and a header file that includes the addressing of your system, that you can modify to suit your needs.

I am looking for a template of dma controller c file and want to use it. Yes i know , xilinx sdk have a inbuilt example dma code where i used to call ...init() function and a ..dma_transfer(src,dest,bytes) function to get started bursting.

but in altera sdk , i found nothing and i dont think i can built one from scratch. If you people have one or an example please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back