Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric defects simulation program/software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfueng00

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good afternoon to everyone. I am researching about electrical protections in the industry and I was wondering if anyone knows any program to simulate the defects that affect electrical systems. Thanks in advance

Hi,

electrical protections
This is so vague you could fill a whole forum with discussions about "electrical protections".

--> Please elaborate your question.

Klaus

Hi,

I don't know of one specifically, all the same, hope the below is of use for Googling things.

A way to look for a suitable tool is to begin with specifying if the electrical protections are for small DC circuits like an Arduino, etc. or are for houses, industrial premises or power stations or all of those things. Once that is understood, members may be able to suggest something possible and you can do a search for electronic/electrical/high power/electrical infrastructure (if that exists, which it must in this day and age) whatever software. Next, reading the websites blurb about their free and not-so-free simulation tools and sometimes a skim-read of the the user manuals or online tutorials (often on YouTube by people and companies alike) will help to see if the program allows the user to set fault conditions.

You can in Tina-TI, assume LTSpice too, I'll bet you can in most if not all of the electronic/analog/digital design schematic capture and simulation tools that are free/licensed. PLCs for factory-scale circcuit design, no idea - is Siemens Step-7 still used? Can you set fault conditions in those tools?

Good luck with the research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back