Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I Need help on this K-Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

kachuri

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here is the problem I'm trying to solve using K-Map

minimize the following using K-Map and implement using universal gates

f=sum of m( 2,3,6,7,8,10,11,13,14)

My solution:
download.png

Is my solution wrong ?

my book has given a different solution.
download (1).png

I'm now confused which one is correct solution.
Need help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, you are using a curious way to assign the 1's in the kmap.

yes. I have done the correction now. I have now two solutions as below.

solution#1 .

option-1.jpg

solution # 2

option-2.jpg

However book has given only solution # 2. ... Did they missed Solution # 1

Do you think solution # 1 can not be a solution ? Please let me know if you think solution # 1 is not valid and for what reason reason.

Please let me know if you think solution # 1 is not valid and for what reason reason.

Your solution is not minimal, since the group 101x may belong to the more general group x01x. Whenever possible, the maximum amount of paired terms should be enclircled together, which was not made with your solution specifically to the term ABC which could be grouped along with ABC, yielding BC once it is the same of (A+A)BC. If you had used any non-graphical miniterms minimization technique (e.g Quine-McCluskey algorithm) the 2nd solution would be unequivocally achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back