Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Marble flooring Lighting Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prashantakerkar

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it feasible to have Lighting under Marble flooring?.
I.e. Electricity cables layed inside the Marble floor along with diferent colour Tubelights, Chandelier Led Design concept etc?.

If yes,some designing ideas contributed is greatly appreciated.
If no,what will be the limitations to achieve this function?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Is it feasible to have Lighting under Marble flooring?.
I.e. Electricity cables layed inside the Marble floor along with diferent colour Tubelights, Chandelier Led Design concept etc?.

If yes,some designing ideas contributed is greatly appreciated.
If no,what will be the limitations to achieve this function?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I did not think it was possible but a 5 second google search shows several companies that do this already. Marble is cut very thin so light will penetrate. Just search " backlit marble".

Thanks.

I can lay electrical wires inside the marble flooring with the Tube lights, LEds ?.

Is it worth installing the Marble floor lighting technology in International & Domestic Airports ?.

I really couldn't say how the floor lighting is installed. For counter tops I see there's a a product called " SLABlite". It seems to be a led light spreader. It can be cut and fit on the job site. There are also YouTube videos on backlit marble and onyx. Maybe you can find some information on installation there also.

Yes, you can do it. I went to Yale for architecture school and we even had a building that the entire façade was stone and the exterior light went through and lighted the interior of the library.

"The white, gray-veined marble panes of the exterior are one and one-quarter inches thick and are framed by shaped light gray Vermont Woodbury granite. These marble panels filter light so that rare materials can be displayed without damage" (Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library Website).

If you do a image search for "beinecke library" you will find a lot of pictures of the light going through the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back