Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus Middle Button Stays Pressed When Panning

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyprfrcx

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the Proteus 8.6 user interface, when pressing the middle button for panning the schematic sheet, the function got frozen, as if the button stays pressed...

A little annoyance, but it would be nice to have the natural behaviour of every other software around.

Can that behaviour be changed?

Thanks in advance.

Unless knowing what functions are being instantiated in the code upon the pressing of the button, it is difficult to guess whether the frozen berhaviour is just a colateral effect of the user interaction instead the cause itself. Are you using interrupt to detect pin change? What microcontroller? what compiler?

Ok, I got it; I thought you were referring to the interaction with a tactile button within the schematic. To be honest, I've never seen such a behavior (indeed, never did it). Have you tried assigning higher execution priority in Windows to Proteus?

No, hehe, i am not talking about anything sophisticated, just navigating inside a schematic.

I already configured several Keyboard Mappings, but i am asking if the panning through the middle button works that way, or is just my case for some weird reason. I could remember this behavior is also in previous versions of Proteus, but not fully sure.

By changing the priority setting of the Windows Process in the Task Manager put into High instead of Normal didn't have any effect.

Proteus:
- Click and release middle button, for enter panning mode,
- Do panning through the sheet, on the viewable screen,
- Click and release again, for exit panning mode.

Other software:
- Click and hold for enter panning mode,
- Do panning,
- Release for exit panning mode.

Proteus:
- Click and release middle button, for enter panning mode,
- Do panning through the sheet, on the viewable screen,
- Click and release again, for exit panning mode.

Here behaves exactly as you said, and it is fine for me, so it really does seem that the Tool is capturing the Mouse events to manage it by its own manner distinctly from the operating system (or, oppositely are the other programs doing this? :???:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back