Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Genus: How to instruct to synthesize multiple module into a single module ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anklon

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a non- synthesized verilog code :
Code:
module [B]adc[/B](...)

[B]moduleMacro[/B] instance_1 (...)
[B]moduleLogic[/B] instance_2 (...)
endmodule

verilog code for moduleLogic is also given and lef file for module Macro too. after synthesizing, my verilog looks like this:

Code:
module [B]moduleLogic[/B](...)
//synthesized form of this module
endmodule

module [B]adc[/B](...)
[B]Macro[/B] inst1 (...)
[B]moduleLogic[/B] inst2(...)
endmodule

but I would like to have a synthesized verilog without any hierarchical module inside it. It would be great if instead of synthesizing moduleLogic module as a module inside the verilog code , genus include the synthesized instructions as a part of the module adc portion.

How can I do that ?

sidenote: we do not have licence for hierarchical Innovus license. So, I'm trying to avoid any hierarchical module synthesizing as long as possible.

thank you for your time.

I have a non- synthesized verilog code :
Code:
module [B]adc[/B](...)

[B]moduleMacro[/B] instance_1 (...)
[B]moduleLogic[/B] instance_2 (...)
endmodule

verilog code for moduleLogic is also given and lef file for module Macro too. after synthesizing, my verilog looks like this:

Code:
module [B]moduleLogic[/B](...)
//synthesized form of this module
endmodule

module [B]adc[/B](...)
[B]Macro[/B] inst1 (...)
[B]moduleLogic[/B] inst2(...)
endmodule

but I would like to have a synthesized verilog without any hierarchical module inside it. It would be great if instead of synthesizing moduleLogic module as a module inside the verilog code , genus include the synthesized instructions as a part of the module adc portion.

How can I do that ?

sidenote: we do not have licence for hierarchical Innovus license. So, I'm trying to avoid any hierarchical module synthesizing as long as possible.

thank you for your time.

Your terminology is very confusing, but I think you are looking for a way to ungroup the design. Look for the ungroup command documentation, there are various ways of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back