Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] M-System DiskOnChip Module MD1150-D64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandeep.Lerio

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

Any suggestions "How can I read and write DiskOnChip modules MD1150-D64 with PC"? I already installed Windows XP and connected via Sata to IDE. Unfortunately, PC didn't recognize. So, I'm looking for any bit of information to solve this problem. I'm suspecting because of the M-system drivers isn't avail it not detecting ? I'm looking M-systems driver online so far no luck finding them except those Fake Virus drivers. Any ideas would be really helpful. Not sure whether this is right place to post thread on "Elementary Electronic Questions" please forward to appropriate thread if I'm wrong. Your help highly appreciative, Thank you :idea:

It's a standard ATA (IDE) disk and should work with any ATA interface without special drivers. Master/slave jumper has to be set as required.

Presume you understand that an ATA disk with 40 pin connector needs an additional power supply cable. A standard ATA interface doesn't provide VCC on pin 20.

The 40-pin iDiskOnChip version has a separate connector for the power supply, to which a power supply cable can be connected. In addition, pin 20 can also be used for power supply connections. Please refer to the pin description for further details.

Hi FvM,

Thanks for quick reply. Please have a look on image and let me know if connection is right or wrong?

IMG_20180501_113252.jpg

Actual In the above picture it isn't because I showed just picture without connection. Please have a look the below pictures which are connected.

IMG_20180501_115210.jpg
IMG_20180501_115219.jpg

Let me know your comments @FvM

Looks like it should work.

You may want to verify correct operation of the SATA-ATA bridge with a different ATA drive.

Unfortunately, No. So i'm looking for other methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back