Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmission Lines in TSMC65nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I would like to make transmission lines in my TSMC65nm CMOS kit - it is a digital process and has no modeling transmission line elements.

How can I go about this - I have never done this before. I want to use the top 3 metals (RF metals) for the interconnect and ground.

Does anyone have screen captures, papers, or other resources on how I would draw this in Cadence ?

Thank you.

What is the frequency ? How long will the TL have ??

Using them for interconnect in mmwave layout. Want them to be 50 ohm lines and want to make a "family" of interconnect lengths, 5um, 10um, etc so that I can see the effects of them on my layouts.

The frequency is about 30 GHz.

Since this is a digital process there is no dedicated and modeled transmission line, so I need to make my own on the top RF metals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back