Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB connection, usb speed and connector bandwith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmad Edi Saputra

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i make custome usb connection using speakon connector and 3meter usb cable for some reason. when i use it in lower speed, like arduino for example, it work fine. but when i tried to connect it to my device(higher speed) it gave me same error status. is this bacause speakon bandwidth? because if it my soldering/wiring it will not work on arduino. and what should i do?

best regards,
Edu

I presume "lower speed" means FS, 12 Mbps, "higher speed" HS, 480 Mbps. You may want to review the USB spec about electrical requirements. USB uses a 90 ohms differential pair for D+/D- and respective connectors. Speakon is hardly suited for HS USB, it might by chance work for FS, with a suitable cable (shielded twisted pair).

Thanks FvM,

you are right, what i mean with "lower speed" is usb FS. is there any way i modify electrically or programatically (bios may be) the connection so it will be forced to FS USB?

Last edited:

1. Edit the device descriptor
2. Use an old FS hub between host and device

i tried to use usb hub, but no luck.

where can i edit usb descriptor? because i can change the usb device firmware

I guess your hub is HS capable and doesn't reduce the connection speed.

Yes, descriptors are defined in the device firmware. If you can't edit it, the option is blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back