Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCAD Capture loading long delay or hang in Windows 10, CPU 100% ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

grg88

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

FROM THE OLD AND SOLVED TREAD "OrCAD Capture loading long delay or hang in Windows 10, CPU 100%", THIS MESSAGE WAS NOT CLEAR:
" Alright a little insight into what I did, I figured out is that Orcad uses the Enviroment variable CDSROOT to find all your bin files and libraries, so this ends up getting a little confusing when running multiple installations of Orcad, as there can only be One CDSROOT variable or things get messy.

I isolated the CdsNameServer and CdsMsgServer into an Empty file structure (same as a normal Orcad Installation, but with only the C:\Test\tools\bin) and set the test folder to be the CDSROOT. When I ran the CDS exe's they error-ed and reported all the files that were missing (cdsCommon.dll, libsman.dll, libem.dll, mpsc.dll)

So then I took these files from the 16.6 Lite installation, and put them in my 16.3 installation, and changed the CDSROOT to point to the Root folder of my 16.3 installation (C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3, for example) and my program began running properly.

If this does not resolve your issue, then you may have multiple problems. Here is one of the more common fixes from the Cadence community forums:
Make sure that you have any Capture related processes closed, a reboot should get you there. Find the active Capture.ini file, usually in the installation in tools\Capture and rename it. Start Regedit.exe, find the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OrCAD\CaptureWorkspace key and delete it and the subkeys that belong to it, then close regedit and see if that fixes things. Get the latest hotfix."

What does it means "isolate the CdsNameServer and CdsMsgServer into an Empty file structure"? how can I do that?
Sorry and thanks a lot

grg

Status
Not open for further replies.