Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TCP Connection over GPRS using SIM900 and AT Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

jit_singh_tara

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends,

I am using sim900 modem to transfer data to a server using at commands .
I am establishing TCP CONNECTION USING at Commands.
The connection does establishes but gets closed automatically after some time...How can i keep it alive indefinitely......

My application:

Need to send data to a remote server via tcp....
First it will attempt to send over gprs , if gprs fails then via sms .

This concept does works but the connection gets closed after some time automatically. Plz suggest where i am missing something.I suppose it has to be keeping the connection alive for indefine time but i dont know which AT command to use for that. Plz help...

I get a close response from the gsm modem after some time after which i am not able to connect with the server until i establish the connection again running all the at commands again....

Please suggest how to proceed...

I get a close response from the gsm modem after some time after which i am not able to connect with the server until i establish the connection again running all the at commands again....

What is some time? Seconds, minutes? It's possible that a server closes the connection due to inactivity, even with keep-alive. You may test the server behavior with a PC client, enabling the usage of network tools like Wireshark.

Status
Not open for further replies.