Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Need procedure for dual frequency band antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuyee

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to design dual frequency patch antenna

Hi,

I am designing a dual frequency patch antenna in HFSS. (working on 2.0GHz and 2.2GHz)

Knowing that an impedance matching is needed for a patch antenna, but I have no idea how ADS can be done and how to put the matching network from ADS to HFSS. can someone guide me. Thanks :)

Re: How to design dual frequency patch antenna

What is your material? I'd rather make wider bandwidth and ensure good S11 for both frequencies for large tolerances.
Low dielectric, or air gap.

Re: How to design dual frequency patch antenna

Hi Georgy Moshkin,

Thank you for your reply.

I have not decide which material to use.
As read from papers, dual band can be achieved through ADS tuning through matching network design and put into HFSS.
But I cannot understand how it can be done..

can someone draw picture so that i can visualize how it can be done.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone can share some example of getting dual frequency band antenna design procedure?
~Having difficulty to start

Thanks

Regards,
Yuyee

If the 2 GHz/2.2 GHz mentioned in your previous thread still apply, it's more like a single band antenna with not too small bandwidth.

Search for PDF articles and images on this topic. Use term "dual band patch antenna", you will find many interesting material.
Images are very important, you will find many patches with slits and antennas similar to inverted-F. I think main idea is to combine two resonant structures in one structure. Also there was a topic on this forum, explaining how cuts and slits provide alternative current paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back