Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Common Centroid: AB-AB or ABBA-BAAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

christofhapp

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
centroid_v2.jpg

What is the advantage of the ABBA-BAAB pattern?

From my perspective AB-BA completely compensates linear gradients. So why is it good to mirror that again?

thanks guys!

Christof

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't look at the PIC very closely. Now i recognized this is ABAB - BABA which is wrong! Please refer to my TEXT PATTERN (not the picture)

I would say it becomes a bit (arguably) more clear if you zoom out a bit and think in terms of more complex structures.

For example, say that the AB-BA chunk on the left is a combination that influences each other the way they are placed, an intra-dependency for example through the gate connections, or so if they were transistors. We can call this combination of four subcells a new cell "C".

From that perspective, while placing more Cs, it makes sense to mirror C while placing a copy of it east of the first C. If there is any "intra-cell" gradient, it will then be compensated for in the mirrored C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back