Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can hardware connection MCU crystal pin to

Status
Not open for further replies.

debasischhatra

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Mcu=at89s82
can engine=mcp2551
transduser=mcp2515
when connecting a crystal between mcp2551(can engine) & at89s8253(mcu),
why xtal1(pin 19) of mcu taken as input from osc2(pin 7)of mcp2551?
WHY NOT XTAL2(PIN 18) OF MCU

the method of driving internal timing circuit inside 89s8253 makes this as a requirement.

I presume you are not connecting the crystal between MCP2515 (not 2551) and AT89. You rather operate one chip as master oscillator and the other as slave. If AT89 is the slave, you surely need to feed the clock to the input (XTAL1).

A different question would be if the roles can be switched, AT89 as master oscillator and MCP2515 as slave. But why would you do this if you know that the other configuration is working?

Mcu=at89s8253
can engine=mcp2551
transduser=mcp2515

Why this win bridge oscillator circuit only has taken the frequency input from xtal1(pin 19) of mcu & if i connect my MCU
but I remove my CAN transducer & engine my MCU unnable to operate. Also when I connected my all component but instead of xtal1(pin 19) of MCU i connected xtal2(pin 18). here the CAN PART WON'T WORK PROPERLY please help me to find the resion behind this.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry sir my mistake

Mcu=at89s82
can engine=mcp2515
transduser=mcp2551
I CONNECT THE CRYSTAL PROPERLY AS U SAID :

"A different question would be if the roles can be switched, AT89 as master oscillator and MCP2515 as slave. But why would you do this if you know that the other configuration is working?"

AS I KNOW IN "CAN COMMUNICATION" ANY ONE IS MASTER ACCORDING TO THE REQUIRE MENT, BY CONNECTING TO XLAL1(PIN 19) AS INPUT ONLY FROM MCP2515 HOW can I HANDEL THIS AS MASTER.

I didn't say "communicate as master" but master oscillator. Means you'll connect the crystal to at89 according to datasheet spec and drive mcp2515 from the XTAL2 clock output. In this case the CAN transceiver can be omitted.

Sir I think transducer(mcp2551) is essential as I need CANH & CANL for to connect in CAN bus.
If other things are there please guide me.

Sorry a misunderstanding. You said want to be able to operate the processor with CAN part uninstalled and I told it's possible. Focus on the suggested crystal connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.