Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Estimate the insulation resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ontoshe

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

Few days ago the customer asked me to estimate insulation resistance between two nets on the PCB that we're going to launch into production cycle (required value is ≥ 1 GΩ) but I have no idea how to calculate this.
I've just completed the design of a multilayed board, the mentioned nets performed with two polygons and located in two adjacent internal layers. The minimum clearance between any elements of these two nets is about 0.3 mm (between plated via hole and a polygon), the distance between two internal layers isn't defined yet as stackup not agreed with manufacturer but let's assume that now we have about 0.3 mm. We plan to use IT-180A laminate as a dielectric (it has 1...3*10^10 MOhm-cm of volume resistivity). The maximum voltage difference between these nets is 80V (0-80V or -40V to +40V).

Does anyone have experience with a such calculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back