Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI programming in Python - pyboard 1v1 + MPU9250

Status
Not open for further replies.

mheruian

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Folks,

I am so beginner when it comes to embedded systems. I want to learn how to program them and a lot referred me to python since prototyping is fast and codes are simple to understand. I now know the basics of Python and I do like its straight-forwardness. I'm currently programming a Pyboard v1.1 and i now know the syntax on SPI also.

Now, i have my SPI device; it is a MPU9250 and I can't see python tutorial with it regarding SPI - all i2c. This leads me to reading internally the libraries of the SPI for MPU 9250 and done some coding like setting/writing modes then fetching raw/unprocessed gyro + accelerometer data and who_am_i of it. Now, when I'm going to test it out via interactive or script mode programming on python, i get data but all returns 0 or 0 > data. I do print the results and view them via python run by terminal/command line.

so far, i have tried (4) MPU9250 sensors and they always output 0x00 or 0 in whoami, (fifo count) sampling also of gyro and accelerometer is always 1. I have check my connections/wires and all are on their correct places:

MPU -> Pyboard:
SDA -> MOSI
ADO -> MISO
SCL -> SCK
nCS -> CS (GPIO)

IMG_20180425_125853.jpg

Result of my simulation.

pyb_result-a.PNG

Then later on, the fifo count = 0 after few simulations

I don't have any oscilloscopes or logic analyzers as others suggest me to check it using those :(

I'll attach the code that I am using and THIS is reference (it's a github spi mpu9250 library, you can check its other files on that site also) I am decoding, what I'm after is the acquisition of initial raw data samples upon start up w/o processing them to real values and the who_am_i operation. The code is straight-forward where i didn't even create a separate file/library to handle spi transmission so you'll see a lot of redundant spi transmission codes.

I hope you can help me, Thanks :)

Attachments

• main.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 139

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back