Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Door Materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prashantakerkar

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can the Automatic door technology applicable to other materials Viz Wood,Steel,Iron other than Glass?.
I.e Automatic Opening and Closing of Door sensing Human Being Object?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi,

Your question isn´t clear.
Please ask more elaborated questions.

In case your question is about the "sensor", then the answer is: the sensor usually isn´t related to the door material at all.
The sensor is optimized to react on human movement or human IR (emission or reflection).

There are several sensor types, like PIR or radar.

Klaus

Thank you.

In that case,I can use any door material Viz Steel,Iron,Wood etc for automatic opening and closing of Doors on detection of Human Being Object ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Yes you can use any door material as per your requirement. All you require is the mechanical assembly and motor with sufficient torque for opening and closing the door

There are various trade-offs to consider.
Glass lets you see if the door is about to open toward you due to someone approaching, or if cannot open for you due to an obstacle on the other side.

The lighter the weight of the door, the easier it is on a motor to move and stop.

I imagine there are automatic swinging doors, but the majority I would think are sliding doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back