Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixed signal voltage sources for generating waveform

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant17

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys i have orcad pspice 17.2 and i need to do a simulation where i have turn on and off using diffrent logic signals so i need to be able to find a vsource in the library the waveform would be similar to what you might see in a logic timing diagram if some one could help

i mean like a digtal pulse waveform like a digital signal that is a repeating signal of these logic states (on,off,off,on,on) so like the picture i have attached my timing pulse.jpg

Last edited:

It's not clear if our problem is specifying the signal sequence or converting it to an analog signal. Both topics are covered by the Pspice reference manual. For the latter problem, the default digital input device most likely does what you want.

problem is in finding a source in the library that would produce a digital waveform like the one i tried to draw attached to the forum. i know i can produce something like that with the stim1 part and its command 1 to 16 properties but i cant get it to repeat

You could just take the brute force approach and sum three pulse sources to get your required periodic signal

I guess you didn't yet try PWL sources. They have repetition features.

how does picewiselinear

work and how do you set it up and is that the best way to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back