Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I test a MAX1480 with USB to RS485 converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi al,

How do I test some MAX1480a if possible using on the other end an USB to RS485 converter and a proper software with baud rates up to 115kbps?

P.S. The USB to RS485 with FTDI chip I already have.

Regards,

Fernando

Hi,

"What" do you like to test?

The function? --> be sure it will work as long as you keep on the datasheet.

Klaus

Surely possible, what do you want to connect on the "near end" (logic level interface) of the device? For RS485 mode, you need Rx, Tx and driver enable signal, power supply in addition.

Surely possible, what do you want to connect on the "near end" (logic level interface) of the device? For RS485 mode, you need Rx, Tx and driver enable signal, power supply in addition.

Hi all,

I want to connect a MAX232 to the RS232C side of a USB to serial converter (FTDI) in one end the other side of MAX232 wil be connected to left side of MAX1480 and the other side of MAX1480 will connect to another USB to RS485 converter (with FTDI chip too). This way I'll have one COM in the left side of MAX1480 and another COM on the other side so what I type in one side will see in the other if chip is OK. Will start with 9600 bps and will increase up to 56kbps.

P.S. My Os is Ubuntu 17.04 so I'm sure will not need any driver and will use "Terminal Emulator" software with two "windows".

Regards,

Fernando

Looks to me as though you have just answered your own question.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back