Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I program my C code in SIM800 series modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

parthasarthimalani

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to write simple and small code for IOT.
Thus I am using SIM800C modem for communication.

I have one question, can I program SIM800C with my C code? If not suggest simple low cost modem.

To reduce my Bill of material, I want to use One IC for input/output (7-8 pins) for signal and same IC as MODEM.

Regards,
Parthasarthi Malani

have you thought to appeal to the professionals in this case?

SIM800 doesn't provide a programmable processor. There are modems from other manufacturers, e.g. Cinterion with built-in Java machine.

I apologize for giving incorrect information. Problem is that SIMCOM uses to encapsulate information in many different manuals so that it's difficult to get the full picture.

Now I found that SIMCON distributes EmbeddedAT toolkits for SIM800 and SIM900, enabling qualified customers to develop C applications running on the modules. Not sure about the conditions.

I apologize for giving incorrect information. Problem is that SIMCOM uses to encapsulate information in many different manuals so that it's difficult to get the full picture.

Now I found that SIMCON distributes EmbeddedAT toolkits for SIM800 and SIM900, enabling qualified customers to develop C applications running on the modules. Not sure about the conditions.

Ya, SIM800 can work with any Microcontroller.
For example ATMEGA/PIC any one.
But make sure, You should add UART program in that (Talking about Software side) by which data can be trasmit and receive.
You should connect Tx of Microcontroller to Rx of GSM and vice versa.

I hope above things make you clear picture !!
Feel free to ask anything related SIM800/SIM900.

SIM800 support running user App beside module internal firmware, but all manuals are outdated and refer to deprecated tool chains.

You can use RVCT compiler to generate hex code for your ".c" code and then via sim800 flash tool you can dump your code into sim800 module. So you do not need any extra controller to use it. Just make sure for flashing you should have usb-ttl converter or FTDI converter and at TTL side connect your gsm module Tx-rx pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.