Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PLECS: Steady state not achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

CataM

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am unable to achieve the steady-state of the converter attached in PLECS. A bit of explanation about the converter is here.

Running a transient simulation, I see that steady-state is achieved starting at about 1.45*10^(-2) seconds (Cout initial voltage set to 12 V).

I set the parameters for the steady state as follows:
Since Vout freq is 200kHz => system period: 5e-6
Number of init cycles: 1.45*10^(-2)*200kHz=2900

Are these settings reasonable ?
Should I run the simulation with only one scope (the scope from the output) so that the simulation focuses on the output ?

P.D.: Notice that I am running the converter without the voltage regulation around CMC.

Any hint or comment is appreciated.

Attachments

• PSFB-Gvc.rar
    6.7 KB · Views: 97

I simulated for more time in transient simulation and the steady state is clearly reached.

I changed Number of init cycles to: 2.8*10^(-2)*200 kHz=5600, but still the same message:
Steady state failed to converge after 20 iterations

I feel it is something wrong with my Steady-State simulation setup, but I do not know what.

I finally solved it via making this change in the simulation setup:
*Changed "system period" from 5*10^(-6) which corresponds to the filter inductor's period to 10^(-5) which corresponds to the XFORMER's period.

Simulation reaches steady state very fast and also, no need for thousands of "init cycles", just with 20 works well.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.