Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where do I find 0402 ceramic capacitors, inductors, and resistors in Eagle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatefast08

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I cant seem to find 0402 ceramic capacitors, inductors, and resistors in Eagle. Where would I get the library, if it isn't on Eagle? :bang:

Hi,

usually a resistor/capacitor.. comes with many different packages.

either you choose the packaged when you ADD the device
or you use CHANGE / PACKAGE / click_on_device to change the package afterwards.

Klaus

Hi,

Klaus

Where do you get this package? I want to have very specific 0402 SMD capacitor, inductor, and resistor values; like 3.2 pF, 1.7pF, 1.5 nH, 4 ohms, etc... thanks

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.ultralibrarian.com/
Register with an simple e-mail then you can download schematic symbols and footprints depending on your preferred tool.

great site to know, thanks. I wanted to look up a 1.5 nH inductor and it came up with inductors with a title such as this: Inductor RF Chip Multi-Layer 1.5nH 0.1nH 450MHz 17Q-Factor 330mA 150mOhm DCR 0402 T/R .... why does it have 0.1nH next to 1.5nH?

Hi,

You don't need a library for 3.2pF, 1.7pF, 1.5nH...
* Just add the device
* choose the correct package
* use the VALUE command and type in "1.7pF" ... or any other value

Theses are very basics about EAGLE.
Better consult a EAGLE tutorial.

Klaus

Hi,

You don't need a library for 3.2pF, 1.7pF, 1.5nH...
* Just add the device
* choose the correct package
* use the VALUE command and type in "1.7pF" ... or any other value

Theses are very basics about EAGLE.
Better consult a EAGLE tutorial.

Klaus

If you can (if you have Eagle installed on your computer; I don't want to take up your time with downloading things), would you be able to send screenshots of the process of adding a 0402 SMD component (capacitor and inductor) on Eagle?

Thanks'

Hi,

There are documents, tutorials even video tutorials....
They are free to use.

Klaus

Hi,

Klaus

I found all of the 0402 SMD resistors and capacitors, but I could not find 0402 SMD inductor. Where would I find this?

but I could not find 0402 SMD inductor
You are looking for is a standard package, which could have even been used another 0402 component as a template; in any case, I did not spent too much time to make a search filter at a specific supplier, and see that there are houndred of options. The first one redirected to the SnapEDA website, another source of footprints for many CADs:

https://www.digikey.com/products/en...ntity=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&cad=1&pageSize=25

Anyway, the link that BigBoss posted earlier (Ultralibrarian) has what you want, but you seem to have overlooked it.

You are looking for is a standard package, which could have even been used another 0402 component as a template; in any case, I did not spent too much time to make a search filter at a specific supplier, and see that there are houndred of options. The first one redirected to the SnapEDA website, another source of footprints for many CADs:

https://www.digikey.com/products/en...ntity=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&cad=1&pageSize=25

Anyway, the link that BigBoss posted earlier (Ultralibrarian) has what you want, but you seem to have overlooked it.

I figured it out, thanks, now I have another problem. When I right click on the component that I made a new library for, it will make an error noise. I am trying to submit a design to a manufacture and I want to make sure all of my components are exactly what is placed on the board and they can retrieve the exact description of the component. Correspondingly, wouldn't it be important to be able to right click on the component and be able to view properties? Well, my component I loaded onto Eagle will not bring up any options. I did the exact steps that were needed in the readme text (which is placed in the folder that I downloaded from Ultralibrarian).

wouldn't it be important to be able to right click on the component and be able to view properties? Well, my component I loaded onto Eagle will not bring up any options.

Due to the set of questions you have posted so far, your main problem is that you're not yet familiar with Eagle, and in this matter no one besides the software documentation is able to help you more effectivelly. By the way, creating components or modifying them is one of the primary skill that a layout designer need when working with any CAD for drawing PCB layouts.

Once again, I did not spent much time to find online tutorials explaining how to do do that; Note that the process of creating a footpints is part of a whole process, strongly tied to the schematic component.

what does this video have to do with downloading a footprint/schematic symbol? to me it looks like he's making something that is already in the library, why would you do that if its already there? In my case, I do not have 0402 inductors, so I have to go to a webpage to download the footprint/schematic symbol. In this video he is not downloading any footprint. Ill just search for videos in my case, thanks though.

If you had made any effort on your own, you would realize that they (Autodesk) have many other video tutorials, or you could search on the Web for the one covering the step you need to perform with the exact deep you need.

Also, if you had read what I wrote above you would have understood that I tried to put in your mind that it is not a good practice to rely exclusively on third-party libraries without worrying about improving your own ability to create/modify components, or you will face to this kind of (trivial) problem fairly often.

Each library will certainly follow the particular rule of who created it, having more or less library fields, layers drawn, and with tracks and holes with different dimensions. Some of these websites are colaboratives with component entry from distinct users, which means that there is not a unique standard for all components, so that the look of your board will be weird at all if you simply add these parts as it is; keep in mind you will not find the answer for everything anywhere; some things you have to solve on your own.

Once again, the part you are talking about (Inductor SMD 0402) is quite trivial, you could use another similar part (resistor, capacitor) as template.

By the way, whenever I downloaded from UltraLibrarian I had to make deep modifications to the components, which reinforces everything I said before. In addition I only had to download for complex components or proprietary footprints, not for usual SMD components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back