Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nelder-Mead-Algorithm

Status
Not open for further replies.

seackone

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I measured a blackbox at one frequency and many different states (with a network analyzer). With the resulting S-Parameters (for every single state), i can describe this blackbox. The parameters of interest are only the input reflections (S11). Here is an example of the measurements - plotted in a smith chart:

**broken link removed**

Every single point is a complex value with a real -and imaginary part.

Now, I want to get the maximum output power of the blackbox for the measured states.. I have more than 3000 values and i dont want to measure at every single state to find the maximum output power, so i want to use the nelder mead method.

I think that i understand the method and have an idea, how to implement them for an automatic measurement system. My only problem is to find the 3 start values. My guess is, that it does no matter which values I choose, because at the beginning of the first triangle, the algorithm is looking in every direction to find the value with maximum output power of the blackbox. Is it right? I would prefer to start with the minum and maximum of the absolute imaginary part and maybe the half of both for the third point. Or are there better suggestions?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.