Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happened to Latex on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkyChem

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to use Latex on this forum to post an equation with trigonometric formulas but instead I got an icon showing elektroda.pl has it been deactivated or something?. I'd like to get some help with this. :thinker:

I had noticed this too, but this problem was already present prior to the recent 'events' of instability noted lately. There is at least one report at the following thread from very months ago, and another almost 1-year ago, mentioning this problem:

https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?t=370285&p=1585473&viewfull=1#post1585473
https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?t=367243&p=1572516&viewfull=1#post1572516

But even before that, the resource itself did not seem to render many of the basic syntax codes of its language, so the correction would be probably more complicated.

I realized that there were few occurrences of using this feature (which I consider particularly fantastic), so I decided not to bother Admins with the demand to review this, leaving it to an occasion when the halls seem more appropriate, but I am particularly pleased that more people have noticed this as it increases the current of votes to demand to fix it.

A side note: There is a "Codecogs" website that has an Equation Editor that I use frequently to generate my equations in a posttable format, GIF if I am not wrong. It may be an alternative in the meantime.

Thankfuly it seems that my complain was not something out of the blue. But as of today this problem has not been resolved which can be problematic when trying to point out some equation.

I am already aware of the existence of codelogs and have used it as well but it does not seem to be a solution in the long term, anyways thanks for the feedback.

I am already aware of the existence of codelogs and have used it as well but it does not seem to be a solution in the long term, anyways thanks for the feedback.

Codecogs, to be more exact; and by chance I've seen the functionality of that tool being embedded in another forum, so even if Edaboard's original Latex feature were definitely dead, this other one could be evaluated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back