Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus - How to speed up zone regeneration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trastikata

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working on a large PCB with lots of traces and copper fill as ground plane. My PC has an 8-core AMD at 4GHz, 16GB RAM and fast NVIDIA GPU. In the display options I am using hardware acceleration.

Problem:
- Every time I move a trace or make a change affecting the plane, the entire zone disappears and starts regenerating and it takes a lot of time waiting for it.
- With "Auto-regenerate Zones" deselected, when I move a trace or make a change, the entire copper fill disappears.

Question:
- Currently Proteus is using only 2 of the CPU cores when regenerating the copper fill, is there a way to make it using all 8 CPU cores?
- Can I prevent the copper fill from disappearing with "Auto-regenerate Zones" deselected so that I can effect more changes at one time with the copper fill visible and regenerate the zone after that?
- Is there a way to speed up the regeneration ("Quick Draw Zones" is already selected)?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back