Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Planning to purchase PIC development board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansh11

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am Planning to purchase PIC development board. I am looking help to get good one. I saw some online board but I am confused with exactly what need to make starting project.

This is board planning to purchase (first image )**broken link removed**

Programmer( (first image ) ) **broken link removed**

I think I need MPLEBcompiler for PIC16F877A. I am stuck with cable. Do I need to buy usb to rs232 cable to connect board with PC

Please someone help me to get the correct cable and tell me how to program with that programmer

Last edited by a moderator:

Your web links do not work - server not found error!

However, I would suggest you do NOT buy a PIC development board, instead just by a small general purpose prototyping board. The PIC devices are so simple to use that you will find you 'outgrow' a dedicated board very quickly.

I WOULD suggest you buy a Pickit3, preferably a genuine one although most clones will work. Many of the other programmer units will be unreliable or not work at all. You will find you eventually buy a real Pickit just to get over the frustration of mis-programmed or damaged parts!

You can download MPLABX for free from Microchips web site, it will work with all Microchip devices. if you want to compile programs in 'C', you also need one of the 'XC' compilers which are also free to download. The one for all the 16F and 18F PICs is called 'XC8'.

Brian.

Hi,

I´ve just corrected the links. Now they should work.

Klaus

Do you want to use 8bit pic, 16 bit or 32?

I'd suggest you doing this project:
https://chipkit.net/diy-chipkit-board/
great for start, entirely THT and breadboard friendly, USB interface, Arduino-like IDE programming with bootloader or just like any other pic with pickit3

I am Planning to purchase PIC development board. I am looking help to get good one. I saw some online board but I am confused with exactly what need to make starting project.

This is board planning to purchase **broken link removed**

Programmer **broken link removed**

I think I need MPLAB compiler for PIC16F877A. I am stuck with cable. Do I need to buy USB to rs232 cable to connect board with PC

Please someone help me to get the correct cable and tell me how to program with that programmer
Shopping with NSK electronics suggest that you may be in south Asia perhaps India.

These are better links to the products you may consider purchasing:
**broken link removed** PIC Development Board ICSP Compatible, Price: INR 650.00, USD 10.01(*)
**broken link removed** PICKIT 3 Programmer / Debugger, Price: INR 1,900.00, USD 29.26(*)
**broken link removed** PICKIT 2 Programmer / Debugger, Price: INR 1,400.00, USD 21.56(*)

Notes: (*) 1 Indian Rupee = 0.015 US Dollar

You will need a USB to RS232 serial converter to use the serial port on the DEV-201 board.

The downloads available form the NSK site are old and may be hard to get working with MLPABX.

Get the PICkit3 if you can afford it.

Why do you want to work with PICs? In my opinion that family soon will be obsolete and Microchip will jump into ARM family.

Status
Not open for further replies.