Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any reason why HFSS would give weird results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johni_

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey folks,
I am simulating a simple 50 ohms transmission line in HFSS, however, the results are nowhere near expected results. I was expecting mag(z(1,1) to be roughly around 50 ohms or in between (40-70) but surprisingly I am getting worse than that. When simulate the same design in ADS it works perfectly. Any reason why? I would appreciate any input

The most common reason for unexpected results in EM are modelling mistakes by the user.
Examples: materials not properly assigned, mesh not appropriate, ports not appropriate ... this type of mistakes.

The most common reason for unexpected results in EM are modelling mistakes by the user.
Examples: materials not properly assigned, mesh not appropriate, ports not appropriate ... this type of mistakes.

I agree with you, I guess I might have to double check again and again, however, I am pretty sure, I have everything set up right. Thanks though

Status
Not open for further replies.