Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]FLIR - microchip microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew2

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am planning to create a new project with FLIR and microcochip microcontroller.

I would need info about what FLIR modules are available and what is the best microcontroller (from microchip preferable) .
Also i would need info about how to use the FLIR with the microcontroler (this is the first time which i am trying to involve in a flir project)

Re: FLIR - microchip microcontroller

I think you first need to determine what you want to achieve with such a system.
Next you need to find a FLIR module that does what you want. A quick Google search shows a number of FLIR modules but once you have selected the one you want , that will tell you the interfaces that is has (I2C, SPI, Serial etc.).
Next you need to think about what output you require? If it is to be directly provided by the MCU then you would need a different set of interfaces and processing capabilities to one that was simply passing the data on to a PC via a USB connection.
You can also then work out how much processing is needed from the MCU and also how much storage it needs (RAM).
All of that will then let you find a suitable MCU or determine that nothing meets your needs and you will ned an alternative approach.
Susan

I would like to implement a monitor system which included from a cctv camera and a flir system .The purpose is to monitor an area in day and night. I don’t know yet the distance monitoring this will depended from the cost of the flir .
Have you got any suggestions about FLIR modules? Have you work with any module in this field?

Hi,

Instead of text ... I assume you need to decide values to specify your idea.
Like pixel count, area of interest, temperature range, reaction time / frame rate....

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.