Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding a DC Voltage Source into HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihu91

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I designed an antenna in HFSS and simulated Specific Absorption Rate (SAR). Now, I would like to add 2 conductors into my design as shown in the picture, one carrying (+) and the other (-) of 100 DC Volts, and see the effect of this DC voltage on SAR simulation. Is it possible to do that in HFSS?

Thank you
Capture.PNG

Why would you do this? It's pretty clear that DC voltage has no effect on AC behaviour as long as your design doesn't involve nonlinear media.

You can do it in hfss circuit using the dynamic link. Simulate your antenna and import the results into the circuit, apply whatever voltage you want, run the simulation again, you both circuit and hfss results will be dynamically interlinked.

Reactions: ihu91

ihu91

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back