Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LG TV switches on then off in a loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecycleN

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Wondering if I could get some help and hope this is the right forum to post in.

Essentially i have an LG TV (Model: LG 47LS5600) that seems to be cycling between on and off. When i put the power cord in, it switches on, has perfect picture and audio for say 5 seconds and then switches off, power light flashes three times. And then cycles through this loop till i pull the power out.

I've tried changing the power cord no difference. I've also opened up the back of the TV and the power board seems perfectly fine - when I say seems fine this is obviously to a novice like me!

Any thoughts on what could be the issue or suggested remedy?

Hi,

(Very) long shot but checking user manual or contacting technical dept. of LG about power light flashing three times in case its an error code might be fruitful, but time-consuming.

It could be a short-circuit (or anything) somewhere and its designed to power off for a "programmed" amount of time then try to power up again but if the fault is still present it will repeat... is it called "hiccup mode"?

Great minds and all that...i already called them up and they couldn't identify if the the 3 flashes meant anything and neither does the manual mention anything. Extensive googling hasn't returned much either

It normally indicates some PSU issue unable to sustain power.
Check the diodes and capacitors in the PSU.
Here is a related video. There seem to many videos on YouTube on these LG TV troubles. Do a search.

Quick update, purchased a replacement power board, but still the issue persists. So can't be the powerboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back