Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Arduino UNO Tx Rx for serial Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

ark5230

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to connect GSM modem to Arduino UNO using Rx Tx pins (Pin 0 and 1). I am not getting data on those Rx and Tx pins. Is thee any thing related to initializing these pins for serial communication or seial.begin(9600) will do.

There are two ways of connecting GSM module to arduino.
1. you may connect the Tx pin of GSM module to Rx pin of Arduino and Rx pin of GSM module to Tx pin of Arduino. (while programming Arduino you have to disconnect wiring in Rx and Tx each time you burn the program to arduino.)
2. Use other digital pin in order to remove above difficulties say you are going to use pin D9 and D10 for Rx and TX respectively, then you have to define pin for Tx and RX say SoftwareSerial Sim900(9, 10); // RX, TX and set the communication baud rate of GSM Module Sim900.begin(9600).

Hi,

I am trying to connect GSM modem to Arduino UNO using Rx Tx pins (Pin 0 and 1). I am not getting data on those Rx and Tx pins. Is thee any thing related to initializing these pins for serial communication or seial.begin(9600) will do.
Difficult to give good assistance without good informations like schematic and code.

Klaus

The main trouble was with the arduino code. On debugging it was noticed that the program was never reaching the serial communication part of the program.
Correcting the same made it work.
Rx TX ( pins 0 and 1) were connected to corresponding Tx and Rx pins of the GPS module and the connectivity is established and the set up is using as expected.
Thanks every one for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.