Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transresistance amplifier question

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmdrdo

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys I need help on the detailed derivation for this circuit. I need to know the relationship between Vo and Is. Capture3.PNG TIA!

"As" is the transfer function of the OpAmp, ideally it is infinite.
transres_amp.png

Attachments

• transres_amp.png
    transres_amp.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

As per my derivation it should be is = VoR2/[(R1R2) + R3(R1+R2)].

The current source is an unchangeable constant. How can it be dependant on Vo?

Ratch

The current source is an unchangeable constant. How can it be dependant on Vo?

"is" is not unchangeable. It is just an equation, divide both sides with "is" and "Vo", then calculate the multiplicative inverse of both sides. You will see how Vo depends on is then.
By the way, a minus sign is missing from mjuneja's formula I think.

"is" is not unchangeable. It is just an equation, divide both sides with "is" and "Vo", then calculate the multiplicative inverse of both sides. You will see how Vo depends on is then.

Yes since it's a negative feedback therefore negative sign is a must.

Vo = - is[(R1R2) + R3(R1+R2)]/R2.

Actually not because of the feedback, because of the figure rather. For example, if you swap the pins of 'is' on schematic, the formula should have plus sign despite of the negative feedback.

The simple voltage divider rule leads to frankrose equation (2) in 1 single step (assuming As-->infinite).

Is represents a source of current that is unchangeable. Yes, you can calculate what Is should be if Vo is a certain value, but the principle is that Is makes the dog bark, not the other way around.

Ratch

hello! the circuit above is assumed to be ideal op-amp

my books says that it should be Capture2.PNG I still don't get how it arrived to this form.
What I did is to first draw an equivalent model of the circuit, then using the ideal op-amp characteristics I came up with the diagram (2) but then if that was correct Vo = 0v.
capture5.png
Can you please tell me how it arrived with the solution given by the book. Is my diagram above the right equivalent circuit for the problem in question?

hello! the circuit above is assumed to be ideal op-amp

my books says that it should be View attachment 144473 I still don't get how it arrived to this form.
What I did is to first draw an equivalent model of the circuit, then using the ideal op-amp characteristics I came up with the diagram (2) but then if that was correct Vo = 0v.
View attachment 144472
Can you please tell me how it arrived with the solution given by the book. Is my diagram above the right equivalent circuit for the problem in question?

That is an easy question to answer. Take frankrose's equation for Vo and find the limit as As goes to infinity. That should give you the same answer your book shows. Remember, an ideal opamp has infinite gain. I cannot make sense out of what you are doing in your attachment.

Ratch

That is an easy question to answer. Take frankrose's equation for Vo and find the limit as As goes to infinity. That should give you the same answer your book shows. Remember, an ideal opamp has infinite gain. I cannot make sense out of what you are doing in your attachment.

Ratch

Is my equivalent circuit correct?

Is my equivalent circuit correct?

Equivalent to what? You show a differential resistance between the two opamp inputs and an output resistance for the opamp. Neither your book or frankrose does that.

Ratch

You have 2 circuits, both are something but seem bad. You model an ideal OpAmp, it is unnecessary a bit and makes no sense. Ideal OpAmp is just a voltage controlled voltage source with infinite gain.

I just discovered, that I can arrive at the exact form of equation as my book provided by just using the equivalent circuit of the one in my #1 posted attachment.

Capture6.PNG I performed nodal analysis and kvl without dealing with limits and stuff, just pure nodal analysis and kvl. So, this model is useful after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.