Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect a toy to a home network ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean750

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all.
I would like to attached a WIFI module to a toy and be able to activate it by connecting to a home WIFI network.
The problem is, since most networks are password protected, I need to hard code the password into the module.
Is there a way to build a device with no LCD or keypad and still be able to connect?
I do know the MAC address of the module, is there a way to use that ?
Maybe by creating some APP on a smartphone ?
Any ideas?

Thank you,
Ocean

Hi,

read about ESP8266. Maybe this is what you are looking for.

Klaus

Hi,

read about ESP8266. Maybe this is what you are looking for.

Klaus

Hi Klause.

Thank you for replying.

Looked into it.
seems like a good module to use for connecting to a WIFI, nut sure how it answeres my question.

nut sure how it answeres my question.

That's because your question is broad; you did not mention your skill with mobile programming, nor which operating system you want to use (IOS, Android); There are several IDE options for creating applications for mobile, ranging from the simplest GUI-based on functional blocks to the most elaborate ones for which you need to know how to program in JAVA.

Hi,

nut sure how it answeres my question.
your question:
Is there a way to build a device with no LCD or keypad and still be able to connect?

--> An ESP8266 module has no LCD, no keypad and it still can connet to a WIFI.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.