Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF certifications for 915MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

elilevy148

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing a pcb that will include 915MHz (Lora) wireless communication. My question is can- should I base my design on a "bare" IC (SX1276), or use a module (LORA1276-C1).
The dilemma is- will the module shorten the time and expense of passing certifications (this module has FCC approval), or not, because I don't really understand how it the fact that a module is certified helps the product to pass certifications, on the other hand why would the manufacturer bother to certify their modules if it didn't help.

Thank,

well....if it is a reputable module designer who did it, and a good lab who did the FCC part 15 testing....yes it will save time. There might even be a chance you could just use their FCC type approval testing if you use the exact same antenna.

If it was some fly by night place, they might have cheated on their design, and when you get to do your testing...well....you might be surprised something fails, like a 3rd harmonic, etc.

If you are going to build a lot of them....it would be cheaper to do your own design from scratch with the bare chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back