Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layer map file on Advanced design system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrina

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all!
What is the layer map file on ADS? why we need .map file? and how to create layer map file on ADS (automatically or manually) ?

If your ADS layers are the same as the GDSII layers, you can also use "Automap" instead of the layer mapping file. This will create a 1:1 mapping with the same layer number in ADS and GDSII. A custom layer mapping file is only needed if you want other layer mappings, e.g. skip some layers on import or map to different layer number.

Reactions: Cyrina

Cyrina

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If your ADS layers are the same as the GDSII layers, you can also use "Automap" instead of the layer mapping file. This will create a 1:1 mapping with the same layer number in ADS and GDSII. A custom layer mapping file is only needed if you want other layer mappings, e.g. skip some layers on import or map to different layer number.

The problem I encountered id : when I export .gds file and layer map file and i save substrate file, i compared information on those files. I found that layer number on substrate file is different than layer number on gds and .map file

The problem I encountered id : when I export .gds file and layer map file and i save substrate file, i compared information on those files. I found that layer number on substrate file is different than layer number on gds and .map file

You should get the numbers that you defined yourself.
Can you show screenshots what numbers you see where (ADS layer #, GDSII layer mapping file, substrate file) and explain why you think there is an issue?

Reactions: Cyrina

Cyrina

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You should get the numbers that you defined yourself.
Can you show screenshots what numbers you see where (ADS layer #, GDSII layer mapping file, substrate file) and explain why you think there is an issue?

I have another question if you can help me, gds file presents 2D information , im trying to read those information by converting the gds file to an ASCII file (readable), my design presents bondwires which isnt placed on xy plane, so there are no geometric information about wire bonds on GDSII file. How can I get information needed about wire bonds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back