Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Injection current of ADC input pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberto Dan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Heloo all,

I have a question regardless of injection current into analog MCU pin.
From datasheet maximum injection current into pin is 2mA.From my worst case calculation result a injection current ~250uA in that pin from 400ms time.On datasheet i found one expresion to calculate if this current during 400ms influences or not behavior of MCU.
I atache a picture with tham expresion.My question is if someone know or meet this,what value have time "t1".
Time "t2" a guess is mi time,400ms.But i don't find anywere what is ore what mean time "t1".
Please if someone know,i need to understand this for a worst case analysis.
Thancks all! injection_current.PNG

Hi,

I assume it is written in the datasheet. But we need to guess what device you use..

Klaus

Hy LlausST,i used R5F10BGGLFB QFP48 but it is not specified on datasheet.I find a datasheet from costumer but not specified there.
Name of document:
Customer Notification RL78/F13 Family 16-bit Single-Chip Microcontroller Customer Specification for Continental Injected Current Specification.It is a MCU from Renesas.

Hi,

The document discusses lifetime influence when a current on a input pin exceeds the specified value for a limited time.
But your calculated current of 250uA never exceeds the limit of 2mA.
Therefore the whole discussion doesn't apply for you. Lifetime isn't reduced with your conditions.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.