Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sine Generator Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuit_seller

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am looking for a Sine generator module with frequency range of 30MHz to 100MHz with phase noise better than -135dBc/Hz @ 1kHz offset.
Also i like that this module can work stand alone.
Are there someone know some manufacturers?

Regards

What is a "module"? How about an benchtop RF signal generator from someplace like Agilent?

Hi

I want to feed this signal to a sampling card and did not need a big signal generator.

Thanks

Use DDS( direct digital synthesis) chips from AD

HI

Use MIni-circuit VCO module - low cost sin wave out o dbm to + 10 dbm out out power

All the best

Bobi

Hi

I am looking for a product. i do not want to design it myself.

Regards

Hi
The mini circuit VCO is a working module no need to design any thing al you have to do is to connect power {5V,12V etc} and signal output

All the best

Bobi

Hi

I think that a VCO for stable operation need to be used with PLL, loop filter, ....
Am i right?

Hi

That depand how stable you need your signal to be ?

For instance you can stebilze the VCO with a good voltage regulator only

or Add PLL circuitry

Remember that you asked for simple solution

There are also PLL module who can generate high stable signal but are far more expensive in cost {+300~4000 $)

All the best

Bobi

Hi

I want to apply that sine wave to a Mixed-Mode Board as clock, so i want a very pure and stable sine wave.

Regards

Hi

In orther to use it as clock signal for digital circuit you will need to convert the signal level into digital levels using ECL to TTL level converter.

Go to ON semi site there you will find ECL to TTL converter IC

w*w.onsemi.com

all the best

Bobi

Hi

The board i have used get a sine wave and convert it to PECL internaly, so i need only a pure sine wave :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

hi circuit seller,

I would say that it's difficult to find a cheap 'module' that can achieve -135dB phase noise. Most VCO circuit can only work within scale of 2: the highest freq cant beyond 2 times of the low freq. 30-100MHz needs band switchable circuit. and the output filter must also be switchable.

Maybe a wave generator is really a nice choice

mike

--------------------------------
www.ezpcb.com

you can buy a appropriate dds chip from analog device,

perhaps it can meet your needs.

Circuit_seller said:
Hi

I am looking for a Sine generator module with frequency range of 30MHz to 100MHz with phase noise better than -135dBc/Hz @ 1kHz offset.
Also i like that this module can work stand alone.
Are there someone know some manufacturers?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back