Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

'Process interrupted by signal SEGV' ( in atlas, solar cell code for quantum well )

Status
Not open for further replies.

94d33m

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So my thesis is on solar cell quantum well.....unfortunately the codes we got had an problem in spacing and after fixing it I only found that adding quantum wells decreases efficiency and never the other way around. But now i added two new models called 'models well.capt well.inplane' and the 'qwell' model in the well region and after that i get this error.....if I remove any one of them it works but effiiency decreases...which isnt supposed to be the case. Please help as Im stuck with this code for months now and sometimes I wonder that quantum well theory for solar cell is a scam

this error is due to coding error and not related to to your assumption of "that I wonder whether quantum well theory for solar cell is a scam"

SEGV in my experience has always been segmentation fault,
and the problem may be in the ATLAS program or how it
deals with some content of your models.

Since you know when it came on and even a limited number
of possible actors, you should be able to debug at least down
to the specific offending file.

You could of course also ask the applications engineering group
for the software, who might have an actual chance of knowing
what's up.

I have a quantum theory of my own. To wit:

"If the description contains 'quantum' then there is a finite
probability that it's all bullsh!t".

Have anything to do with research grant funding on the
topic, and you cannot help but to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back