Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS design guidecell:fmax vs VGS & VDS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyicer

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,guys:
I am using ADS the design guide-amplifier-DC and bias point simulation-FET_ft_fmax_vs Bias cell to simulate the Fmax variance with the sweep of VGS and VDS. when I use the original schmatic with original ideal GaAs FET, this cell works and I can get the results like below:
选区_291.png
but when I change the FET from the ideal one to the UMS foundry HEMT, I can't get the full result(only get two) like below:
选区_292.png

I check the error from the plot:Maximum frequency of oscillation (fmax) and other plot(shown in the above figure)
, all the reported error are the same as below:
Trace Options:34_294.png
While evaluating "LcsGetNewExpName1":
Operation "[ ] sweep access", index out of range in dimension 1, independent "freq" must use an index in the range 0 <= index < 0

I also check the variable fmax infomation as below:
Browse Data:34_287.png

there is a irreg which obvious not normal. and I check the help manual and get the only one matched searched result as below:

sweep_size()
Returns the sweep size of a data object
Syntax
y = sweep_size(x)
Arguments

Examples
Given 2-port S-parameters versus frequency, and given 10 frequency points, there are then ten 2 X 2 matrices. sweep_size() is used to return the sweep size of the S-parameter matrix, and its companion function size() returns the dimensions of the S-parameter matrix itself:
a = sweep_size(S) returns 10
a = size(S) returns {2, 2}
Irregular data:
Assume that the data is 3 dimensional with the last dimension being irregular. The independents are: Vsrc, size, time with dimension [3,2,irreg]. Then:
SwpSz=sweep_size(data) would return:
__SIZE SwpSz
Vsrc=1.0,size=1.0
1 20
Vsrc=1.0,size=2.0
1 21
Vsrc=2.0,size=1.0
1 59
Vsrc=2.0,size=2.0
1 61
Vsrc=3.0,size=1.0
1 76
Vsrc=3.0,size=2.0
1 78
where __SIZE is an independent added by the sweep_size() function.
sweep_size(SwpSz) would return the correct size of the two outer variables:
(1) (2) (3)
3 2 1

as long as I tried, I can't understand what I can do to make it right....
Can anyone knows what is going on and how to solve this?

thanks in advance!

rockyicer

Attachments

• Plot Traces & Attributes_293.png
    Plot Traces & Attributes_293.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 86

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back