Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Filter Designing in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I know there are already many posts on the same topic yet I am unable to find my answer in all those forums hence posting my query here.

I am trying to design a filter in schematic and Layout formats. This is example 8.5 of David M. Pozar book. While I am trying to design it schematically, I have calculated both W and L using LineCalc tool available in ADS, but I am unable to find out how to use the length of the MLIN as in many examples I have seen that designer was not using the length that was calculated using LineCalc tool.

For Example, in the attached image, You can see the values obtained from LineCalc tool are tabulated in the North-East corner while if you see, the length used for w50 is 2.5mm (instead of 8.87), for w54 it is 4.45 (instead of 8.90) and so on. Can you explain how are they using this length and getting results???

kWbcjt7.png

Attachments

• ADS Filter1.pdf
    22.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back