Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some questions on power supply definetions

Status
Not open for further replies.

maormat4

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I have some questions:
1) whats Feed Foward?
2) Whats back emf?
3) whats rolling energy?
4) whats rail to rail swing?
5) do you know a good book of advanced analog circuits? i want to be better in analog circuits design.

Thank you guys :)

4. Swing of a node. What is the possible range of the voltage change in a node, that is Vmax-Vmin=Vswing. Rail-to-rail means that you have the maximum possible swing, that is, you are able to achieve swing from ground (0V) to power supply (e.g. 3.3V). Rail-to-rail swing is often desirable on the output and input of the opamp. The simple class A architecture here: **broken link removed** is able to achieve (almost) rail-to-rail output swing, but the input voltage swing is not rail-to-rail. "Almost" because output NMOS may not allow to go as low as in case of AB class.

5. **broken link removed**

2. EMF produced in an inductive load when input voltage is applied across it, in order to oppose the effect of applied voltage is back emf.

1) Rather than feedback - sensing the output and returning a fraction to the input to adjust for errors, which has a little time delay as a consequence, feed forward is predicting what the output will be and correcting for it beforehand. One may be off target before adjustment while the latter is adjusted beforehand and may be a little bit off target.

That's how I undertand them.

Thanks guys.
d123, how you can do feed foward in power supplies?

What do you mean? What is the question coming from? Any article or architecture or circuit schematic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back