Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bulk driven MOS. Flow of current direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdesignerbeginner

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have read about bulk driven MOS in research article it was written that applying input to the bulk removes the threshold voltage from the signal path. How is it possible?

It was also writren that small voltage should apply at the gate to generate a small inversion layer.

Normally in normal gate driven technique we apply gate voltage channel forms and current flows between drain and source.

What will this bulk driven do how the current flow. Will it flow between bulk and drain? I can understand. What will the ac current and dc current work.

Can someone explain ac and dc current flow seperately. Or suggest some good basic paper?

The diagram is not clear in this paper.can you provide some other paper

Which one is not clear?

I cant understand its not defining the bulk driven technique what happens when input is applied to the bulk

I did not read this, but it seems there is an explanation that there are two BJTs in the bulk. Moreover, a circuit with the input-differential pair using bulk technique is presented and described. I do not think I can help you more. My apologies.

I would try a simplified answer.

In useful bulk driven operation, the current is still in the channel, the bulk junction should be reverse biased. You'll apply a gate bias voltage that allows channel current flow with reversed biased bulk.

You effectively get a FET with an additional junction insulated gate (like JFET), review basic MOSFET literature or SPICE simulation models how the combination of Vbs and Vgs is setting Id.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back