Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with hex2bix utility(does't run)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amin5659

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every one. i have written a firmware for transferring data in slave FIFO mode for CY68013A.

i have download .hex file generated in keiluvision2 to FX2LP. now i want to make .iic file for eeprom.

my problem is when i run hex2bix.exe in utility folder it runs and closes promptly!

i even run hex2bix.c file in visual studio 2008 but the problem is still there.

with cmd i addressed the hex2bix.exe but with using uex2bix command i get the error:

hex2bix does not recognize ...

please help me how can i convert my hex file to .iic :(

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.5 KB · Views: 172

I've never seen 'hextobix' but there used to be a program called 'hextobin'. Are you sure you got the program name correct?

I don't know the '.iic' format, maybe it isn't a standard .hex file which has line headers, address and data fields and CRC stored as text.

Brian.

Yes. Hex2bix is an application provided by cypress. This app converts hex file to standard eeprom file.

Obviously the location where hex2bix.exe resides isn't in the path. Either add it or execute it with a full path specification.

i think the path is right. i set the path just like the picture. the program runs but it seems that hex2bix doesn't accept any input :|hhhh.PNG

the program runs but it seems that hex2bix doesn't accept any input
The screenshot in post #1 tells something different.

You did not set the path. You are trying to run hex2bix from your working directory but it's not recognized. You need to enter hex2bix with the full path as in the first call plus the argument, with your work directory being the current directory. Something about "first steps when using the windows (or linux) cmd shell".

Hi,

To avoid path problems:
* Copy your source file to the hex2bix directory
* use the "cd" command to go to the hex2bix path
* run the hex2bix program without additional paths

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back