Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An audio unit for Canon 5D mk iv and Röde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth_Tillberg

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
An audio unit for Canon EOS 5D mk iv

When recording video and audio it is usuallay a good idea to use an extern mic and monitor the audio by earphones. In order to quickly adjust the audio level and at the same time concentrate fully on the video recording, there is a need for an external adjustment. The audio level needs to be adjusted from, lets say -10 to +20dB?
In my case I have the following facts and requests,

Facts:
-Camera canon 5D mk iv. Stereo/mono, 48kHz/16bit, Auto level and manually reduction from 0 to -40dB. No amplification.
-Röde Videomic. (mono, condensor, 40Hz-20kHz, Eq. noise level 20dB-A, sensitivity-38dB, impedance 200ohm)
-No facts on impedance and amplitude level on Canon.

Design:
-A small unit where you connect the mic and the cable to the camera.
-A volume control for each R and L channel. When only a mono mic is connected only one control should be active.
-The power supply should be maximum one 9V battery but up to four AA (recharg) is preferred.
-In order to prepare for other mic (thinking of a parabolic with higher impedance) there should be some kind of adjustment/choice of mic type. An alteration switch on the box?
-If not to complicated; some kind of filterfunction (highpass and lowpass? A mini equaliser?) to reduce any disturbing sound.
-The quality should be Hifi/professional with very low values on noise, distortion

Possible solutions:

Ifound some circuits, AD8397 and ADA4004, perhaps suitable? Didn't find any interesting applications so this is my question. Does anyone has any ideas of the above application?

Thanks in advance

Kenneth

Status
Not open for further replies.