Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XL6009 step up converter output filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

geotFM

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Attachments

• XL6009_2.jpg
    XL6009_2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 110

please be careful you dont make it unstable by adding too much output capacitance.
It already seems to have big output capacitor, so only light filter is needed, but then again, i dont know your app.
You could always sim it on ltspice, and then add some filter, as light as poss, and then see the ripple.
What is vout set to? What is vin set to? What is Pout?
Maybe i can try for you if you tell.

I was thinking something about L=1uH and C=10uF or 22uF (X7R or X5R type).I want to supply a small preamp or a small amp. Lets assume Vin=12V dc,Vout=48V dc and Iout=0.1A or 0.3A max.

Hi,

1uH and 10uF gives 126kHz...
Can you go a bit lower with the frequency?

Klaus

Here attached is ltspice sim of your converter.
you can change the esr and cout etc...

- - - Updated - - -

i honestly doubt that you really need a significant output filter with an L in it.

Attachments

• 12 TO 48V.TXT
    4.5 KB · Views: 115

to run in ltspice, just change it to .asc, open it, and hit the running man icon, give me a shout if you need any more ltspice guidance.

Thanks guys.I am familiar with LTspice so no problem.I will search google for info about output filtering and ripple/noise reduction and i will come back...

Status
Not open for further replies.