Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which PIC programmer to be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohithadpad

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am planning to buy new programmer of the Microchip for my study purpose. I have already designed a board for PIC16F877A in particular. if i buy PIC KIT 2 or PIC KIT 3, then what are list of controllers that it will support with the provided I am using the same PCB that of PIC16F877A?

Thanks in Advance.

You can update the firware of PICKit 3 to get support for newer devices.

I use mikroElektonika's mikroProg for PIC as it is supported by my mikroC PRO PIC Compiler. I use PICKit2/3 very less times. I also have ICD3 which I rarely use as I don't code much in XC Compilers.

PICKit 3 is newer and hence ofcource better. PICKit2 development is stopped. You won't get firmware updates for PICKit 2 anymore.

There is an open source project called PIC32prog and the PICkit2 device editor tool which allows you to use PICKIT2 with newer devices, but in general PICKIT3 is easier and faster to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back