Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandwidth measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymdPrasad

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to check bandwidth consumed on a optical fibre or a coaxial cable connected to a webserver. Are there any sensors available for that? Please suggest. I am new to this type of work.

I think the data, video, and communications for a cable such as coaxial cables fall in the same frequency range as RF or radio frequencies. adc, analog to digital converter used would count the bits per second that the cables transmit into the cable system. So if you were on a wireless, the RF would be the same as if you were actually listening it on a AM or FM station. Such would be your cell phone Android smart phone and contacting a radio signal from it. Same frequencies. You mean a turner that detects signals from many different frequencies at the receiver's box or adc, analog to digital converter box in your home.

Not sure what Elucid was trying to convey, but it doesn't answer the OPs question.

If your webserver is connected to a commercial switch (I'm assume this isn't a home webserver) then the switch should probably have support for SNMP. If it does there are tools that you can buy that can communicate with the switch to pull out traffic information (i.e. tell you bandwidth utilization per switch port).

Status
Not open for further replies.