Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile Phone to PCB via bluetooth - prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skoda3

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.

I have to create a simple PCB prototype that can except bluetooth audio signal and play it.

My idea for now is to have Android phone on one side and PCB with bluetooth chip on the other side.

I'm looking for advices for creating PCB prototype. It has to have:
1. a bluetooth connection compatible with Android phones
2. speaker input to play music that will be send from Android phone or build in speaker

Any advice is very welcome!

Hi,

Why don't you simply buy these cheap bluetooth audio modules.
Everywhere available in the internet.

Klaus

This is beacouse It has to be my own product. This actually means that I have to study all about this bluetooth audio modules and make one by myself.

Hi,

OK.
Then choose one of the famous bluetooth audio ICs.
Read datasheets, read application notes, look for reference designs...and start your own design.

Klaus

Thank You for advice.

Can I ask for advice whitch bluetooth audio IC would be the best for beginner to study? Whitch one would You recomend?
The priority in my project should be simplicity and energy efficiency.

And one additional question. Are all bluetoot audio ICs compatible with Andoid phones?

Hi,

please do a little research on your own. You said "It has to be my own product" --> then do so.

Whether bluetooth audio transmitter and bluetooth audio receiver are compatible or not depends (mainly) on the used protocol.
--> Look what the transmitter and reciver support.

Klaus

Hi,

please do a little research on your own. You said "It has to be my own product" --> then do so.

Whether bluetooth audio transmitter and bluetooth audio receiver are compatible or not depends (mainly) on the used protocol.
--> Look what the transmitter and reciver support.

Klaus

Thank You very much for answer.

I did research a bit and from my point of view, it would be possible choices:
1. https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/IS200x_201x_MonoAudio_DataSheet.pdf

2. https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/IS200x_201x_MonoAudio_DataSheet.pdf

Is this good choice in Your opinion?

Hi,

I recommended to use a "famous bluetooth IC".
But I´ve never heared before about the two you selected.
Why did you choose them?
Why mono?

They may be the best for you - I don´t know, because I don´t know your requirements/specifications.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.