Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F1947......gives 4 PWMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks as if only 3 timers are available for PWM.

If "independent" means 4 different frequencies, then you may be out of luck.

If two or more PWMs can be at the same frequency but different duty cycles, then all is well.

Don't have that chip, so can't prove it for sure, but that is how I read the datasheet.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Reactions: Garyl and treez

T

Garyl

Thanks, from the search ony three micros have 4 pwm's...and they dont have enough pins, (only 8) we need a good 24 pins.
The pwms can be the same frequency.
I wonder if we should just stick with the pic16f1947?

Hi,

What PWM frequency? And what duty cycle resolution?
Maybe software PWM is a solution...

Klaus

Reactions: treez

T

Thanks, from the search ony three micros have 4 pwm's...and they dont have enough pins, (only 8) we need a good 24 pins.
That's odd because when I select the "Max # PWM Outputs (including complimentary outputs)" field values from 4 to 28, I can count over 50 devices still selected. Selecting the "Pin Count" field from 20 to 64 still leaves 39 possible devices. Just selecting 28 pin devices (there are no 24-pin devices listed after the PWM selection) shows 11 devices.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back