Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data not appearing in waveform window

Status
Not open for further replies.

athuluri_mounika

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Iam using Nios II Eclipse and their i have written the two data inputs required for my simulation and exported to modelsim.
But in the waveform window i was not able to see the data, but surprisingly it is visible on terminal window. The result is also appearing correctly in terminal window.
What might be the issue...is it related stng to installation or whatelse...? Please help me in sorting out this issue...i have a deadline to perform this.

Thanks in advance.....!!!!

Its not really clear what you are talking about. Can you post screenshots of the problem? Have you added the signals explicitly to the wave window before starting the simulation?

Its not really clear what you are talking about. Can you post screenshots of the problem? Have you added the signals explicitly to the wave window before starting the simulation?

Yeah, I have added the signals into my window and started simulation...

As shown in the screenshot in the terminal window i have the results appeared as #123402 ,#11001011...and the added output.
But the same data iam not able to see at the waveforms window and instead im getting some garbage value...

Attachments

• mmm.png
    mmm.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 114

how do you know the values on the console are the signals on the wave window?
how have you made the values appear on the console?

Here, initially i designed a SOC using QSYS system integrator and exported to Nios II Eclipse. Their i have written a C code and now wanted to simulate my SOC using Modelsim.

The values printed in the console are because i have kept them in PRINTF in c code and since the soc is designed it is possible to recognise the signals where my data should be located...

Attachments

• SOC_screenshot.png
    SOC_screenshot.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 81
  • nios.png
    nios.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 89
  • mmm.png
    mmm.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 95

You are not getting garbage values, you are most likely looking in the wrong place for the data transfers in your simulation. Usually these kinds of simulations will have many 100's of uS between the printf output and the original transfer of data. The times I've done these kinds of simulations I just start at time 0ps and start looking for transitions of the memory reads until I find the data I expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back